Monday, April 30, 2012

Slam your body down and zigazag ah

When I was younger and the Spice Girls were trending (still are btw) I always wanted to be Sporty Spice. Baby was too cute and fem, Scary was weird and well…scary, Ginger was a ranga which I wasn’t and Posh was just a bore. Sporty was cool in a tough, I don’t give a f*ck, tomboy way and I totally dug that back then. I dressed up as Sporty for all the primary school parties, including my own and also did a really awesome re-enactment dance to ‘Wannabe’ in front of a dodgy blue screen at Timezone on the Gold Coast (which I am totally down to show if anyone wants to see, it was my five mins of fame!).
As the years went by and I went through every different personal style change that a teenager can possibly go through (punk-check, goth-check, skank-check, hippy-check) at 16 I eventually reverted back to my Sporty Spice ways and began rocking sneakers with the healthy gusto of a young girl in love with a badass older boy who also wore sneakers. At 16, I was sold, and quickly started a large collection of kicks that I wore with skinny jeans, short shorts and dresses, I didn’t discriminate, any combo would do.
Fast forward to 2012 and look where we are, captivated by sport luxe fever and casting aside our sole destroying heels in favour of walking on a padded sneaker cloud. While there’s a time and place for all different shoe styles, I always have and always will embrace the sneakers, and while these days when I rock them I sometimes feel like the juvenile 16 year old girl who used to run around town causing an obnoxious ruckus, I still get a little feeling of glee when I pull out an old pair of Airmax 90’s or lace up a brand new pair of Free Runs, because sneakers are the shit! And don’t let no Baby Spice fan tell you otherwise.
viia cocokelley  via fashion toast via high snobette via High Snobette 2 via seventh ave australia via 7th avenue australiavia seventh avenue australia
via unknown tumblr via la modella mafia street
Images via: Coco+Kelley, Fashion Toast, High Snobette, Seventh Avenue Australia and La Modella Mafia

No comments:

Post a Comment