Wednesday, May 23, 2012
I have a confession. As much as I love buying clothing, shoes and accessories and am constantly coveting new pieces there’s something that gives me even more of a thrill upon purchase times and none of the guilt associated with buying a fashion piece that I may only wear once. I am 100% all about beauty and health products! Moisturisers, makeup, vitamins, cleansers, perfumes and more, these are the things that I get stupidly excited over. I really think that how you look is all about how you feel and when I feel happy and healthy on the inside and outside, then I genuinely feel great, no matter what clothes I’m wearing. Above is a selection of things I grabbed at the chemist yesterday (cheap cheap!) and these are some of my basic essentials.
- Blackmores Nails, Hair & Skin tablets—They work great if you’re disciplined and take the required dose every day.
- Palmers Coconut Body Butter—Only grabbed this because it was on sale for like $3 and I’m extremely poor at the moment but can never live without daily body moisturising.
- Calvin Klein Obsession Eau De Parfum-- Obsession has been my day perfume for years now and I never get over the strong heady scent. Even got my boyfriend onto Obsession For Men. It’s so classic!
- Swisse Olive Leaf Extract—I picked this up for the first time due to some advice given by a lovely lady at a health food store. She recommended it when I was enquiring about vitamin C and echinacea as immune boosters to get me fighting fit before I go to Europe. She believes that Olive Leaf Extract trumps everything and so this morning I gave it a go…URGGHHH it has the strangest taste and almost made me gag, but I’m hoping I’ll get used to it and the results will be worth it.
- Sukin Hydrating Mist Toner and Avene Thermale Spring Water--- I’ve always used the Sukin hydrating spray, it’s awesome when you want to refresh your makeup, or its a hot day, or you’re travelling. I also spray it on my face every morning after the shower or after I cleanse to get some moisture back in my skin before I moisturise. Grabbed the Avene spray because it looked French and fancy and you can never have enough refreshing sprays!
- Cetaphil cleanser—Been an enthusiastic spokeswoman for Cetaphil for the last few years. Sometimes I try other things but I always end up going back to Cetaphil because its simplicity just works the best for my skin. Bonus! It came with an added moisturiser.
Klorane Dry Shampoo—The best dry shampoo in my opinion. Sometimes I even spray it in my freshly washed hair to give it a bit more texture.
Bio-Oil—I love using oils on my face instead of creamy moisturisers as it just works better with my skin type. I usually use avocado oil in the morning and rose hip at night but picked up Bio Oil to change it up a bit and even out my skin tone.
Obviously there’s a million more products I love to use and can’t live without and make-up is a whole separate post. But I love that all these products above are fairly cheap and work really well. It’s a good feeling when you know exactly what works for you, as opposed to being younger and trying every type of Clearasil or Garnier product on the shelf and consequently wreaking havoc on your complexion.
I’d love to know some of your favourite products and things you can’t live without, let me know!